Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Farewell 2014

The most important lesson I learned this year has been to be thankful.
It is so easy to always focus on what is missing, on wanting more, on looking ahead, but that is not always the best. I learned to stop myself and look around and be thankful for what I do have and for the kind of life I live. It is definitely not everything I thought I would have by this age, it is certainly not even close, but it could be worse. Now, this does not mean that I am comforming because in no way am I quitting the fight for more and for what I have always wanted. It just means that I take a moment to see how far I have come. I always hear how I should be proud of myself, but from where I am standing there is nothing to be proud. Yet, I decided to step aside and not live in the future anymore, which allowed me to see that if not proud, I should certainly be thankful. Never conform, never give up. Never stop running, unless it is to walk for a minute to appreciate the road.

Farewell 2014! May 2015 be a much better year during which I can be thankful for many more future accomplishments!


The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else's highlight reel.
-Steve Furtick

xo,R
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R