Monday, September 8, 2014

LACMA: From Van Gogh to Kandinsky

This weekend I went to LACMA to see their current Expressionism exhibit titled: From Van Gogh to Kandinsky. I was a bit disappointed to be honest. Many of the paintings there exposed, I had previously admired in the walls of other museums. But the worst part was how limited it was. They did have a rather varied collection including, Cezanne, Signac, Matisse, Gauguin, Dufy, Braque, Jawlensky and, of course, Van Gogh and Kandinsky. There was even a Picasso in there. But I expected so much more considering the claims of how many museums and private collectors had come together for this exhibit.
I inevitably always have such great hopes for every exhibit LACMA puts up, and I always end up disappointed.
Below a few pictures of the paintings found in the exhibit.





 

 

xo,R
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R