Thursday, July 10, 2014

Forgotten Plans

It is not a secret around here that I often have nostalgia attacks about my hometown. It is so strange, I have this hate/love relationship with it. But I really wouldn't change a single thing.
A few weeks ago, my mother made esquite (pictured below) from corn my dad harvested from the backyard. Of course, I immediately went into nostalgia mode thinking about everything I miss and what I don't miss. We all sat around the table eating esquite and talking about our hometown as we, surprisingly, often do. My sisters and I started planning as we do every year a trip there for the end of the year. Funny, how a few weeks later it is all forgotten. But soon enough the cycle will begin again...


xo,R
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R