Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Mother Knows Best

I remember when my mom told me this and how surprised I was that she could see right through me. Well, Sunday night we sort of had another one of those conversations. Once again, I found myself surprised to hear her words. But this time, her words reminded of simpler times when I looked upon what her words reminded me of with different eyes. It might be time to revisit said times...
  • Don't deny yourself life's little pleasures, time moves fast.
  • Allow yourself to be loved.
  • Don't prevent the boy from being romantic, there will come a time when you might wish he were.
  • Chocolates and flowers seem to be things you could go without, but really it is only pride that whispers that in your ear.
  • So don't be so prideful, specially when it comes to such acts of old school romanticism.
  • It is perfectly fine to be treated like a princess every now and then; and, if it happens often, well, even better.
  • Finally, being serenaded, well it doesn't get better than that, does it?
My mother is of the belief that while diamonds might be a girl's best friend [in public], it is really the small little details on every day life that count. At the end of the day, I have to agree with her.

xo,R
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R