Thursday, January 2, 2014

Master Plan 2014 Edition

As I have gotten older, I have realized that we often mistakenly confuse dreams with goals. I have many goals and so many more dreams. But it is time to see the difference in order to actually accomplish something.
Dreams are those aspirations I have that I desperately want to make a reality. I know that is not so simple, but I will never give up on them. Goals are a bit easier to materialize because they are more closely connected to reality.
I still dream of teaching French to the voices inside my heard and moving to Paris. But I need to change my approach so it becomes a goal.
I used to dream of being skinny. But I have since changed my views and switched to the more appropriate fit definition as there is a world of difference between the two. I have already started working towards this goal and will continue to do so. It is one of those ongoing life projects.
I dream of seeing the world. But I need to break that down into small goals of specific trips to take every year. It won't be so imposing that way and definitely a lot easier.
I have always wanted to go to grad school, but as of recent my approach to that has changed greatly. The only thing that is certain is that it will happen.
I still dream of buying a bike so I can go ride in the canyons with my brother and go to work avoiding traffic. But as a goal, I know it won't be so easy. I am trying to avoid giving my mother a heart attack.
I want to buy a house. I know that sounds like a dream, but it is definitely a goal. I think it is, unfortunately, time to grow up.
I want a better job. Oh, trust me when I say I have been tiredlessly trying to make this happen. But 2013 simply was not my year and that is saying something considering 2012 was spent mostly healing from a broken ankle. Thus, leaving me effectively without much time to focus on anything else.
Finally, the one item that falls into both categories: I want to be a published author. I have been working on losing the fear of having other people read my work as a first step towards accomplishing this goal. It has been really tough but it is slowly happening.

Here is to making 2014 an amazing year!

xo,R
©2014

2 comments:

  1. I wish you all the luck and success with your masterplan this year, you go after them, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sebnem from Istanbul, TurkeyMarch 1, 2014 at 4:59 PM

    I read everything you experienced with your ankle from the beginning to the end. I am on the 46th day of an ankle fracture. If tonight's tears stopped, it is thanks to you. I kept reading either horror stories of people unable to walk for months, years, or even if they healed, soccer players, or bikers. Your photos in heels gave me hope. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R