Saturday, October 19, 2013

October moon

October is my favorite month. The weather begins to cool off. The trees change colors. The moon is the most beautiful or so I have thought since the first time I consciously laid eyes upon it.
I remember that night as if it was last night. I walked out into the patio at the cool grandparents' home on an October night when I was 9 years old. My sole thought was to not forget to turn the lights off when I went back inside. Suddenly, I was struck by the realization that the lights were off. It was the moon that illuminated the patio!
I fell forever in love with the moon that night.

xo,R
©2013

1 comment:

  1. A lovely photo, it always feel magical when the moon illuminates the darkness.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R