Monday, September 10, 2012

Heels

I wore heels today for the first time more than six months after I broke my ankle.
I felt like I was learning how to walk in them all over again. I was also in minor pain. I know I have a while to go in terms of being able to walk in heels as freely as I did in the past. But I am also aware that it took me some time to get to that point and whether I like it or not, I am re-learning how to walk in heels. I am terribly happy that the broken ankle is now a story of days past, regardless of how it will haunt me forever.
It is strange how things have changed and today I felt more myself than I have in a while. It is crazy how a pair of shoes can have so much power. I have definitely missed my heels.


xo,R
©2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R