Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Therapy is over

Though I still have a long way to go, today was the last day of therapy.
So it is time for me to work on strengthening my ankle/leg on my own. I am so excited at the progress I have made! First day, I couldn't even curl my toes! Today, I can jump and jog though with caution. Three weeks into therapy (six weeks ago), I got on the treadmill for the first time. The speed was at 0.2 mi/hr and I only did 1 minute. I felt my foot throbbing. It was horrible. Today, I did 5 and a half minutes at 3.5 mi/hr. Though I could feel I was making an extra effort with my left foot, the pain was practically nonexistent. I know it might not seem as if I went that fast today, but trust me when I say that it is a huge difference!
I cannot wait to go on a hike! Well, there are so many things I cannot wait to do, but I must take it slow. I don't want to injure myself while trying to improve. Also, I want to enjoy every new achievement in the healing/strengthening process.

xo,R
©2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R