Monday, June 11, 2012

Empty LA Zoo

I went to the LA Zoo, but the trip was definitely not worth heat. I wish somebody would have told me that it was the day the animals took a nap or that they were on vacation because the place was empty. But for the few animals I did see, I felt like a little kid discovering for the first time!

Entrance. I am pretty sure it has changed a bit since the last time I was there about 10 years ago.
Photobucket

The LAIR aka what attracted me to make this visit
Photobucket

Some cool neon green snake
Photobucket

Weirdest snake ever. It is supposed to have the biggest fangs out of the snakes.
Photobucket

Horned lizard. Camouflaged.
Photobucket

Look at the rattle!
Photobucket

The rattle on this snake has evolved to the point where it is only a different coloration at the end of the tail because they eat birds, so the sound no longer makes them fly away.
Photobucket

Somebody pissed off the jaguar!
Photobucket

Poor snow leopard having to live in the heat!
Photobucket

Definitely the attraction of the day!
Photobucket

They looked so sad
Photobucket

Photobucket

I really wanted to join them in the water!
Photobucket

Not even the vegetation was exotic, it looked so commonplace.
Photobucket

The biggest surprise of the day: beer at the zoo.

xo,R
©2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R