Monday, February 6, 2012

Darling

I fell in love with you from the first moment I laid eyes upon you.
I do hope you do not find my sincerity to be offensive, but I don't think I ever stood a chance from the moment I walked off that plane. I was a bit skeptical as I had been disappointed before. I was even afraid. Oh, but your charm was so very difficult to resist.
I instantly fell for the way the sun flickered between your walls as I walked your boulevards. I could not help but love your classic look. It was just so very mysterious and alluring.
I allowed myself to be transported into the perfect world you so jealously hid between your walls. I let myself be seduced by your magnificent looks. I was hopeless against your melodious whispers.
I let your chill wind embrace me. I let you wrap me around with your inexplicable magic and trick me into believing that you will never let me freeze... not alone, anyway.
We have spent a very long time apart, which has led me to discover that, indeed, distance makes the heart grow fonder. I just could not wait to tell you any longer. I have never loved anyone as I love you; and, I don't think I ever will. I know you love me too, so why can't we be together?

Love, R

Picture from Park&Cube
xo,R
©2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R