Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Lighting matches

I feel like I am lighting matches one by one. I wish I could say it was only because of the thrill of playing with fire. The key there being only. Of course, there is a thrill. Of course, that is how the game of lighting the matches got started in the first place. Of course, that is why I keep lighting them. And, I will keep doing so. I just wish I wasn't lighting them one by one because I am secretly scared of the fire. I want to stop being afraid of maybe actually burning myself the next time I light one. I want to stop freaking out every time the match is reaching the end.
It is not the lighting them one by one I mind. I know I will light up another one. It is not even the taking so long to light the next one. It is the not letting the one lit up burn all the way because I am afraid I will burn myself...

xo,R
©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R