Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Elaborate notes

Sometimes when I look at my notes, I am unable to figure out what they were meant to be. I inevitable wonder if they were meant to be the beginning of the novel that would open the door to the world of literary recognition. Every time that occurs I have to tell myself it is too late to wonder. If I cannot piece together what I wrote, then I have to admit that the idea is lost.
It is every time I lose an idea that was perhaps meant to be grand that I remind myself that one sentence/one word notes on an idea must stop. I need fully developed thoughts and ideas so I can actually transform one of those ideas out into something palpable when I see it in my notebook and I am ready to work on it (read have some free time to do so). I cannot stand the fact that when I wrote a sentence down or even a single word sometimes, I had a great idea in mind that was lost the moment I stopped writing that sentence or that word. It kills me to know what it could have been and never will...

xo,R
©2011

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I have a pad next to my bed to write down ideas (and with me at all times)... but not at all times is my handwriting particularly legible and some ideas are lost.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R