Monday, August 1, 2011

I passed the test

Today, was the last day of the vegetarian challenge.
I am excited about being able to eat whatever I want, but I have to take it slow because I am afraid my body is going to freak out when I start ingesting protein via meat again. The tentative schedule to become a full on omnivore again:
  • Week one: Chicken
  • Week two: Seafood
  • Week three or four: Beef
  • Sometime later as I am not a big fan of it anyway: Pork
It was a great way to test my will power and I am proud to say that I passed the test. It was not always easy. There were times my friends made it their duty to torture me by sending me pictures of what I was craving most or eating it in front of me. Yes, they would bring take out food to my house purposely or trick me into going somewhere I couldn't eat. By the way, this is not limited to my friends but also includes my sisters and my dad. Good times though. At some point not eating meat became second nature, but this last week the above mentioned people took up a notch their torture devices and I swore I would never do it again. It might have been the fact that I knew I would be able to eat whatever I wanted soon that made it worse. Whatever it was, I made it through. Despite swearing I would never do it again, I must admit in a small way it has taught me a great lesson and I would definitely consider messing with my will power again.

xo,R
©2011

2 comments:

  1. wow, kudos to you!!! i don't know if i can ever do that, but i do admire people who can. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R