Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The days are shrinking

As my tan from my early summer beach outings and hikes from before the gloomy mornings set in begins to fade away, I am not only reminded that the summer is coming to an end, but also of the goals that remain unaccomplished.
I constantly find myself adding more things to my "to do" list than I erase from it. I consider that to be positive because it means my ambitions continue to grow. I dread the day I erase faster than I add because that will be the day when my imagination reaches a wall it cannot tear down to continue to move ahead. But for now, I can enjoy the wild expeditions my imagination takes.
Now that the days are shrinking crossing things out from the above mentioned list is more difficult. When I arrive home from work, the night has already begun to set it. It might be time to begin stealing sleeping hours from myself...


xo,R
©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R