Saturday, May 14, 2011

Drastic Measures

It is not a secret that I have been cutting people out of my life left and right. I have adhered to a new principle: if someone around me is not helping me in way or another, which includes not being on my way, then they should not bother me. By not bother me, I mean they should disappear. Well, after doing some thinking, I realized that quite a lot of people in my life where the bother me kind. So sometime ago I began to literally curtail people off of my life one by one and each in one stroke. This project has yet to be finished, but so far it has been great.
On that note, I have been reconnecting with some great friends from the past mostly in an attempt to selfishly decide if they are still worth keeping. Yes, I am aware of how that sounds, but I am bluntly honest so there you have it.
Recently, I went to coffee with one of my great friends from years past and whom I had not seen in a while. We had a great conversation, which served as a reminder of why I am friends with the people I am friends with. In other words, why some people have remained in my life while others have been cut off. This friend is definitely a keeper!
It is good to know some great friends will always be great because we grow together even when we are apart.

xo,R
©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R