Friday, May 27, 2011

Another dimension

While in Vancouver, my friend L told me there was something she really wanted to show me.

There it was. Hidden in the middle of a crowded city. Stepping into the alley felt like crossing into a different dimension. One where I needed to take a walk in because it is, sadly, easier to observe it from the sidelines sometimes. As I stared at the artwork, my mind began to work at hyper speed: thinking, creating, overreacting. Tiny details. The so called big picture. Halfway. Where I have been, how long I still have to go. Not halfway, but much more further behind. Shock. Moving. One step after another. That is the only way. Standing still is not only a waste of time, but an unnecessary way of accumulating potential energy despite how beautiful the sunset is. They do not all look the same, but they all do mean the same: another day is gone, what have you done?
So we kept walking until we crossed over back to reality. One step after another. Crawl. Walk. Run. Fly.  Beautiful days.
It NEVER rains on my parade. The rain is part of the decoration.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Van Gogh
Photobucket

Photobucket

Picasso
Photobucket

First nation
Photobucket

Photobucket

Dali
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Of course, I tried to take a picture of the cute guy taking a picture of the artwork. But I failed miserably.
Photobucket

xo,R
©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R