Tuesday, February 15, 2011

To keep the tradition

As it has become tradition during the reports from my trips, below are a few details of my trip to Florence. But before you take a look at those, here is a funny detail. I was at the Mercato Centrale in Florence attempting to make a purchase. I asked for the price and the guy whom I asked replied as follows "Oh, that is 18 Euros... and, I am free!" I was a bit confused, but said thanks in regards to the answer about the price, of course. As I walked away, he said, "I am not included with the purchase." I took that last part to mean that I did not have to make a purchase to get him, so I laughed my way through a few blocks because though he was rather cute,  that was not an offer I was interested on.

On my way to Piazza Michelangelo
Photobucket

It reminded me of my childhood...
Photobucket

The amount of connotations that sign has... haha
Photobucket

Photobucket

Maps of present day Mexico inside Palazzo Vecchio
Photobucket

If only he had used Machiavelli's advise...
Photobucket

Love padlock in Florence along the River Arno
Photobucket

Legend has it that rubbing his nose brings good luck...
Photobucket

xo,R
©2011

1 comment:

  1. Ahh Florence!! I know the city so well it feels like I was just there yesterday. Lucky girl, how much longer will you be traveling for?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R