Sunday, February 20, 2011

A small heaven

Museumsinsel is on the Spree river in Berlin. It has five internationally renowned museums. I wanted to visit all five, but for one thing I did not have enough time. Secondly, museums are a bit pricey so I had to choose. I decided to visit the Neues Museum, which contains the Nefertiti bust! Now you know that I tend to take pictures of museum collections/paintings/sculptures et al which are forbidden to be photograph by the public. Well, in this case, I failed. I did try, but in the end the security was extreme. Since the bust is all there is in the room where it is located, the difficulty was simply bigger.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Since I couldn't take a picture of the real one, I took a picture of a poster...
Photobucket

...and a postcard.
Photobucket

xo,R
©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R