Monday, February 14, 2011

Renaissance's Birthplace

It is not a secret that I am obsessed with Niccolo Machiavelli's book The Prince, so it should not a surprised that I had to visit Florence at some point in my life being as it is his hometown. Florence was very important in the Medici's time and it still remains one of Italy's most important cities. Of course, that is not the only reason why I had to visit Florence. Florence is the crib where the renaissance first saw light; and, I was pleasantly surprised by what I found upon my arrival. Florence presented itself to me as a very classy city. It has successfully kept its appeal of grandeur air from the past while adapting itself to modernity. It remains classic and calm, but expensive. Florence is simply dreamy. I was pleased to see that the place where renaissance was born is still a worthy of having had such honor.

Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore
Photobucket

Basilica of Santa Maria Novella
Photobucket

Basilica di Santa Croce
Photobucket

Palazzo Vecchio
Photobucket

Photobucket

Palazzo Pitti
Photobucket

Galleria degli Uffizi
Photobucket

Piazza della Indipendenza
Photobucket

Porta al Prato
Photobucket

Ponte Vecchio
Photobucket

View from Piazzale Michelangelo
Photobucket

xo,R
©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R