Sunday, February 20, 2011

Metropolitan Europe

Berlin is the metropolis I was looking for. I found myself wondering why I did not challenge myself with a new language and chose Berlin instead of Barcelona while I rode the u-bha. Berlin is a bit postmodern yet it holds hints of history deep within. It was shocking, but a treat nonetheless to observe its vastness and walk its boulevards. I found it very cultural though not very artistic, from what I was able to experience during my short stay. I do believe that if I had stayed there for a longer time, I would have been able to unearth some of its secrets and see a more tender side of the city that would have lead me towards its more artistic side. Its people are rather nice and very polite, I must say, and the city was very clean. I was particularly impressed at how people actually wait outside of the u-bhan and s-bhan stations from the people to get off the trains before attempting to walk in, that I have never seen anywhere else before. There is some sort of unspoken code of respect that was particularly appealing.

The first traffic light in Europe at Potsdamer Platz
Photobucket

Alexander Platz
Photobucket

Fernsehturm
Photobucket

Photobucket

Berliner Dom
Photobucket

Brandenburger Tor
Photobucket

Reichstag
Photobucket

Gro├čer Stern
Photobucket

KaDeWe
Photobucket

Charlottensburg
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

xo,R
©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R