Saturday, February 19, 2011

Gondolas

Gondolas seem to be a huge part of why tourists flock to Venice. Though very expensive, a gondola ride is considered very romantic. I should have taken advantage of the stranger with whom I had coffee in Venice to take riding a gondola off my list of things to do. Italian men are not only very hot, but also very forward as the guy I had coffee with just walked by my side and asked where I was going. I responded I was just walking and he said, so was he. Then, he asked me to accompany him for coffee. I couldn't say no. He was far too gorgeous to look at.
On that note, let me tell you another story. As I walked in Venice later that day, a guy asked me to join him for a drink and I said I would when I was on my way back because I intended to walk for a while. We had a little conversation during which names weren't exchanged, but I did mention I am from Mexico. Cut to me walking back on the same street about an hour later, I had forgotten about the guy and the conversation until I hear him screaming at the top of his lungs, "Mexico! Mexico! Mexico!" Now, I have reason to believe he was screaming at me as per our conversation earlier. But I could not bring myself to respond. That is how I discovered that Italian men are not only hot and very forward, but also are not ashamed of such acts as the above mentioned.
I should have taken advantage of this and taken the obligatory gondola ride, but there is more time than life. So I will one day indulge in such amenity...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

xo,R
©2011

2 comments:

  1. LOL...the Italian guy. But so true...Italian men are hot! I remember even being enamored by the bus drivers there. SIGH. And honestly, I don't mind forwardness. Makes it easier sometimes to break outside of our shy selves and actually make a move ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally laughed out loud at "Mexico! Mexico!" That is so hilarious!

    I have heard several similar stories about how forward Italian men are, but that they are so hard to resist. I am planning a Europe trip either for this summer or next spring! But my first priority is how I will manage around school ;)

    Anyway I love the blog!! cool stories, and cool pictures

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R