Saturday, February 12, 2011

City in Ruins

Rome's history is so very important that I could not pass the opportunity to see what remains of its splendorous years with my own eyes. The monuments are impressive to say the least. Beautiful. Inspiring. But it was rather sad to see the city is in ruins. I understand that the "originality" of the monuments needs to be conserved, but there is so much that would be done to conserve them without letting the city look like a tornado just went through it. It is so very obvious that time has done with the city as it has pleased. The city looks beyond neglected, which is sad. It is dirty and congested. It is also sketchy and for city of that caliber that seems to be unacceptable specially when it is a citywide feeling. Modern day Romans need to get it together and take care of their patrimony.
Did I mention how small it the city is? One of my friends suggested, I just walked around and let myself get lost on its streets. I totally thought about doing that as I do like to walk. But it was an epic fail. Impossible to get lost in Rome due to its size, but I tried! The one thing I will say, however, is that it is definitely NOT a myth, Italian men are HOT! But I will also like to point out that despite that, I still think Brazilians are at the top of the "hotnessmetor" if there is such at thing. Also, Italian men are rather bold, so to speak. I spent quite a few days in Italy collecting "ciao bella (s)," which was rather funny.

Colosseo
Photobucket

Arco di Constantino
Photobucket

Forum
Photobucket

Monumento a Vittorio Emanuele II
Photobucket

Fontana di Trevi
Photobucket

Piazza Spagna
Photobucket

Fontana del Tritone
Photobucket

Palazzo delle Esposizioni
Photobucket

Santa Maria Maggiore
Photobucket

Pone Sant'Angelo
Photobucket

Castel Sant'Angelo
Photobucket

Fontanas della Piazza Navona
Photobucket

Photobucket

Pantheon
Photobucket

Photobucket

Palazzo di Giustizia
Photobucket

xo,R
©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R