Sunday, January 30, 2011

Summary from the weekend

Madrid was beyond cold, but it was beautiful.
The trip was an odyssey from the possibility of missing my flight due to a wrongfully worded sign at the train station to the arrival at the Madrid airport. I had three things I really wanted to see in Madrid, but while I waited at the airport a calendar had pictures of other major monuments that sounded very familiar, but I had not planned on seeing. It was then that I was reassured that I could totally rule the world with my blackberry. Directions everywhere via subway and/or walking through my phone. It was brilliant! But then it was not so brilliant that I could not find my friends, which is a story for another time because it is so simple it becomes too complicated. With that said, I left the airport ready to enjoy the city! I did pretty well if I might say so myself. Though limited by time, I managed to cover my list. During my self-directed tour, I was intercepted by a guy who thought I was from Morocco, so I can officially add one more country to the list of places people think I am from, which can be seen here (now with the update, of course).
I finally saw my friends at night at which point we walked around a bit more and then did some of the typical night outing activities in the city. Despite the initial chaos, this adventure was too much fun!

La Puerta de Alcalá

Fuente de Cibeles

Museo Nacional del Prado

Fuente de Neptuno

La Puerta del Sol

Catedral de Santa María la Real de la Almudena de Madrid

El Palacio Real de Madrid

Monumento a Cervantes

Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas

Estadio Santiago Bernabéu

Monumento del Ángel Caído
Photobucket

Palacio de Cristal

Parque del Retiro

xo,R
©2011

p.s. Stay tuned for more pictures, as usual.

5 comments:

  1. your photos are beautiful!
    come visit COSMICaroline soon and see the brand new layout, revamped looks, and the work of my new photographer!

    -COSMICaroline
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures!! I'd love to go there. nice blog.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm going to madrid this summer. can't wait. it looks like a great place in your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the pictures you made are quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R