Friday, January 14, 2011

First Impressions

... or lack thereof since I am not impressed at all. I don't know why, but I really did think I was going to be blown away by the city. I was not. The answer to this would be perhaps to lower my expectations, but that is NOT going to happen. I cannot lower my expectations, things/places/people need to rise up to them! I can deal with disappointment, but I cannot deal with conformism. Anyway, below is a bullet point summary about my first impressions of the city.
  • San Francisco, CA meets Zamora, Mich.
  • The city is SMALL. It can totally be walked.
  • ALL major points/attractions can be covered in one day.
  • Antoni Gaudí is the best thing to ever happened to the city.
  • I have everything near by: mini super markets, bakeries, pharmacy, post office, tons of restaurants/bars, plazas, dry cleaning, park, movie theater, subway station, library, hospital, and even a church.
Parc Güell


Casa Milà (La Pedrera)

Plaça Catalunya

La Boqueria

Barri Gòtic

Basílica i Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família

Casa Batlló

The Mediterranean!

Parc de la Ciudadella



xo,R
©2011

p.s. more pictures coming up!

1 comment:

  1. totally understand what you mean. but sometimes it just takes time and when you least expect it, the city just overtakes you. the pictures look wonderful by the way!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R