Tuesday, December 28, 2010

How it all started

Well, not exactly. It was more my uncle pointing at random things when I was a kid and telling me to draw them. Yes, just like that: upon command. But my obsession with drawing a perfect rose was the reason I kept doing it long after he stopped telling me to draw things...
I have lost count of how many times I have attempted to draw the perfect rose, but I do know that the goal has not yet been reached. I actually hope I never reach it. I am afraid I might stop drawing completely if one day I find myself satisfied by a rose I drew.

xoxo,
R

©Copyrighted 2010

9 comments:

  1. I've been drawing forever and I can't even remember when I started! But your roses are sure better than mine! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rose looks pretty perfect to me. You are very talented!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous!
    you've got an inspiring blog, keep going!
    i hope you had a happy holiday!
    come visit the revamped COSMICaroline for more inspiration!

    -COSMICaroline
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for my late reply. thanks for your comment and I already wish you a Happy New Year!

    kisses&hugs
    Vicky from VICREATIVE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think anyone ever achieves anything perfect but that's what make art so special, everyone's is different and I think yours is fab.
    Great blog, I would love you to check out mine if you have the chance.
    xxx

    theothersideofthepondmydear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. it's a gorgeous interpretation <3 I love what you said in this post though! seems like the world would stop if your rose turned out perfect :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find that more I draw more I want to draw some more, even when I complete something I'm really pleased with that just spurs me on to create another one, I can't seem to stop :) I'm glad you've posted your work, it's really good, I would like to see more :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R