Sunday, November 21, 2010

The boy who lived

The movies are NOT nearly as good as the books, of course, but they'll do. I did not grow up with the books, but I read them one after the other my senior year of high school until I was done with all the books that had been released. I watched the movies along the way and waited impatiently for the rest. The end of the wait was reached when I attended the Midnight Release party for the seventh book. Many of my friends were there as well as one of my high school teachers. It was epic!
I did not experience the painful wait for my letter upon turning eleven. But I still wish I could have gone to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! I would have love the subjects taught inside the castle: transfiguration, defense against the dark arts, charms, potions, astronomy, history of magic, herbology, arithmacy, ancient runes, divination, care of magical creatures, muggle studies, flying, apparition. Oh, if I could have played Quidditch, seeker would be the position I would have liked to play! I also wonder what my patronous would look like! The four houses value different characteristics that might be found on everyone up to a certain extent, but I am sure I would have totally being a Slytherin! I just can't decide whether I would be a Death Eater or part of Dumbledore's Army to later join the Order of the Phoenix. I have yet to decide in which of its seven departments (magical law enforcement, international magical cooperation, magical transportation, regulation and control of magical creatures, mysteries, magical accidents and catastrophes, magical games and sport) I would like to work, but my new goal is to be able to work for the Ministry of Magic when I grow up!

xoxo,
R

©Copyrighted 2010

p.s. I can't wait for the last movie!

1 comment:

  1. I feel severely out of touch for having not read any of the books! I did see the first couple of films though. If it's as good as you say, I would have to add it to my endless list! hehe

    Thanks for stopping by me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R