Tuesday, October 26, 2010

She told me

In recent news, I talked to my mother early in the evening and she had some insight on me. Frankly, I was surprised to know she knows a bit about what makes me considering we have never exactly been close. She did raise me so I suppose I should have expected it. She told me that:
  • I will not stand for people who want to treat me like I am stupid, and try to take advantage of me.
  • I don't like to lose, so I keep playing until I win even if it hurts.
  • I don't like to deal with ignorant people.
  • I don't have patience, yet I am stubborn.
  • I want everyone who surrounds me to be at a certain level.
  • I hate to blend in.
  • I am an undercover rebel.
  • If I have something to say, I will say it without concern for whom it affects.
  • I have always been misunderstood for not adhering to the norms.
  • I think too much.
  • Art has always been important to me.
Until today, I had not realized she knew me a bit. Sure she is my mother, but the blood connection alone is not enough. I suppose it is like she says, the devil knows more because he is old than because he is the devil. And just like that, I hit myself in the wall and realized it is time to move along, indeed.


xoxo,
R

©Copyrighted 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R