Tuesday, September 28, 2010

(ONE)

How does one live out of a suitcase for months on end? What must one fill it with? How to choose what one brings? What must one leave behind? Well, maybe two suitcases. But either way, I must start implementing a rule a friend of mine mentioned once, "only if I can leave it behind," which can obviously be applied to many other areas of my life other than my purchases. 

Dear closet, 
 Please do not take my choices personal. Beware that when I do choose what to take with me, I will be simply trying to maximize possibilities while I reduce luggage space and weight. I know I am inexperienced in this matter, but I do not mean to hurt you in any way. I just want to make the best of the limitations of my relocation. I am torturing myself with the hope that as the day for departure approaches I will just know what I should bring and what I should leave behind. While there are items I cannot imagine parting with, there are others I am sure I can do without. There are certain others I am not yet sure how I feel about. 
Regardless of what I decide at the moment of finalizing my luggage, I know I will be fine with whatever I take because what I leave behind, I have, subconsciously, already forgotten about.




xoxo,
R
©Copyrighted 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R