Monday, September 27, 2010

Greed


Greed is an excessive desire for possessions usually wealth related, but it could also be about other things such as power, accomplishments... ultimately about status. I have found through time that I am rather greedy. It is never enough. It will never be enough. Wealth would certainly be great as I could afford anything my fancy desires. Don't get me wrong, I do want to reach the day where I can buy something without looking at the price first whatever it might be. But greed at this moment in time for me is definitely about accomplishments. I want the ability to say, I have done it in regards to an innumerable amount of things. Then again, many people would consider this simple ambition. Well, I don't agree. Ambition I have plenty, of course, else I would not have develop greed. But ambition alone does not make one reach goals. It provides motivation and determination, allows to want and work for, but also allows one to conform at times when one must not necessarily do so. That is where greed comes in because one must truly want to reach that goal despite knowing that one will be perfectly fine without it. Greed will push one to keep walking even if one has found a place where one could remain if the need to do so presented itself. 
If being a non-conformist who wants more than what she can dream about makes me greedy, that is perfectly fine with me.





xoxo,
R
©Copyrighted 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R