Saturday, October 24, 2009

La Ville des Lumières

An artist has no home in Europe except in Paris.
Friedrich Nietzsche

"Sitting there, alone in a foreign country, far from my job and everyone I know, a feeling came over me. It was like remembering something I'd never known before or had always been waiting for, but I didn't know what. Maybe it was something I'd forgotten or something I've been missing all my life. All I can say is that I felt, at the same time, joy and sadness. But not too much sadness, because I felt alive. Yes, alive. That was the moment I fell in love with Paris. And I felt Paris fall in love with me."


My french class brought back to the surface my fixation with Paris. I have been thinking a lot about La Ville des Lumières as a future dwelling residence. I feel like my desire for spending my days and nights in Paris has been growing as I consider the type of life I could have over there. I will look forward to the that time in my life when ART in the many different forms in which it can be expressed surrounds me at all times!

xoxo,
R

©Copyrighted 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to ashesandfeathers@gmail.com for a timely response.

xo,R